Field Construction Coordinator
Company: Blattner Energy
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Blattner Company is a leading renewable energy contractor and
service provider across the United States. Based at headquarters in
Avon, Minnesota, the professional services, support and leadership
teams provide the support services to Blattner Energy and D.H.
Blattner. Blattner is powered by over a century of construction
experience and passionate, innovative employees. Along with our
project teams, we seek to build a better tomorrow for generations
to come.Excited about the chance to join our team and build a
rewarding career? Education Requirements: A four-year degree in
construction management, engineering or related field; or
equivalent education and experience. Some construction experience
is preferred.Position Summary: Ensures and maintains cost, safety,
schedule, quality of project, and daily operations of project
site.Essential Job Functions
- Supervises daily production and costs for major work items by
ensuring production, cost data and safety are collected from prior
day. Responsible for accurately preparing and analyzing daily cost
reports to be reviewed with supervisors for purposes of comparison
analysis and planning.
- Manages, coordinates, and schedules subcontractors, vendors and
material suppliers. Develops and maintains a good working
relationship with clients, subcontractors, vendors, land-owners,
co-workers, etc. to strengthen company position. Represents the
company in a professional manner; and documents conversations with
subcontractors, vendors, etc., to protect Blattner's
- Reviews and approves subcontractor progress payments through
Textura payment process. Prepares, reviews, and approves supplier
purchase orders. Understands the owner contract and subcontract
documents to understand the inclusions/exclusions for the purpose
of invoice payment. Validates, reconciles, and maintains accurate
quantities for billing purposes and communicates differences to
project management. Identifies out of scope work for the purpose of
- Responsible for project equipment, material transactions, and
the monitoring of inventory of equipment, small tools and
materials. Collaborates with Trade Superintendent to minimize cost
impacts to the jobsite by analyzing and communicating equipment
hours, utilization, and dates of use (including anniversary
- Collaborates with Site Manager, Trade Superintendents and
Project Construction Coordinator to appropriately staff all project
positions by following established hiring policies and working with
local job services.
- Collaborates with Trade Superintendent on day to day activities
in order to fill in for the Trade Superintendent during any absence
from the jobsite.
- Ensures a safe work environment by complying with company's
safety policies as well as complying with federal and state safety
regulations. Ensures all subcontractor equipment, materials, and
small tools are in safe operating condition. Serves as on-site
Safety Representative when necessary and assists in administering
Risk Management programs. When eligible, participates in CATS
(Changing Attitudes Towards Safety program) by becoming a trained
- Operates in compliance with the project Quality Plan, Best
Practices, and Blattner Energy Quality Systems processes and
practices. Responsible for administering and managing of the
project Quality documentation. Accountable for the assembly of
documentation for job books. Coordinates and prepares the alignment
meetings with various subcontractors, vendors, and other project
stakeholders. Assists with Quality inspections, benchmarking and
assessments as deemed necessary. Covers additional responsibilities
delegated by the Site Manager, PE/PCC and/or Trade Superintendent
to assure project compliance with defined Quality
- Initiates and generates monthly manager meeting documents (i.e.
project indicators, project Visio, etc.) and daily Plan of the Day
documents including taking notes for documentation purposes.
- Identifies, completes, and applies for local permits as
specified by the contract. Identifies and works with local utility
companies for all scopes of work. Performs the applicable One-Call
and acquire appropriate ticket numbers and maintain the One-Call
log. Works with land owners and in concert with Trade
Superintendent to negotiate, prepare, and monitor land, water,
aggregate, and any other lease agreements necessary for the
- Trains and supervises Project Administrative Assistant (when
applicable) in corporate processes (e.g. time cards, new hire
paperwork, purchase orders, I-9 forms, etc.) to develop their
skills to a proficient level. Responsible for accuracy of all
office operations including time cards, new hire administration,
purchase orders, and maintenance of computer equipment.
- Prepares, coordinates, and conducts project kick-off and close
out activities according to Blattner procedures per Value Driver
Map (kick-off and close out meetings for Best Practices and
Estimating, final inventory, disconnect utilities, etc.).
- Understands and assists with all contractual and subcontract
closeout activities (job book, as builts, etc.).Knowledge, Skills
- Accounting (math and record-keeping).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Microsoft Project,
- Knowledge in Primavera.
- Effective communication (oral, written, presentation,
- Effective motivational and supervisory skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Field Construction Coordinators are expected to re-locate to
the project site for the duration of each construction project they
are assigned to (project duration averages 6-9 months).
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor
vehicle driving record (MVR).
Keywords: Blattner Energy, Hialeah , Field Construction Coordinator, Professions , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...