Distribution Center Asset Protection Supervisor
Company: HOME DEPOT USA, INC
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Asset Protection
Manager (APM) in performing his/her/their functions. Performing
Asset Protection (AP) and Safety-related activities to support The
Home Depot's business objectives, such as but not limited to
minimizing shrink, risk and safety incidents, providing on-boarding
to AP programs, OSHA standards and investigations, training,
coaching and response to potentially volatile situations requiring
quick, effective decisions and conducting investigations. This
includes responsibility for data integrity and tracking of various
performance metrics across AP duties. The role has experience in
asset protection, safety, merchandise auditing compliance, HAZMAT,
OSHA standards, and investigations to ensure The Home Depot
maintains a safe, a safe work culture by providing support to the
asset protection manager and facility leadership team, in assigned
building, related to improving shrink, safety, expenses and
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
40% - Compliance:
- Assist Distribution Center Asset Protection Manager with
conducting monthly audit cadence that provides insight into shrink
risk, overall safety compliance, merchandise accuracy audit
completion, and regulatory compliance.
- Assist DC Asset Protection Manager with regulatory
investigations such as OSHA, EPA, state and federal agencies.
- Leverage contracted site guard supervisors, and ensure all
electronic security systems are in good working order at all
- The overall audit processes) will highlight operational
deficiencies and will lead to the development of a dynamic game
plan that will correct or mitigate exposures identified within the
scope of the audits.
30% - Safety:
- Review weekly incident reporting and review trends with
- Participate in on-site meetings with regulatory agencies and
follow company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) as it relates
to interacting with such agencies.
- Maintain compliance with all Supply Chain security measures
that will include but not limited to a seal compliance and testing
program, maintaining a strong physical security presence.
- Leads auditors in daily operations; monitors to ensure a high
degree of accuracy in the shipping of product, safety, recording
auditing errors, and reviewing errors with facility
- Participate in all safety incident investigations to help drive
additional training and accountability.
- If needed, assist APM with creating new processes that prevent
safety incidents from occurring.
15% - Accuracy:
- Responsible for the training, coaching and feedback of auditors
and performs regular evaluations of associates through factual data
and subjective observations.
15% - Shrink:
- Assist DC Asset Protection Manager with the Company's internal
and external theft program. Identify and process temporary labor
and external visitors who commit theft. Maximize merchandise
- Observations on floor, identifying safe work practices and
correcting unsafe work practices
- Adhere to all Company policies governing apprehensions.
Minimize risk of injuries during apprehensions.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the DC Asset Protection manager.
This position has up to 3 direct reports.
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant
conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications: The knowledge, skills and
abilities typically acquired in related field Night and weekends
shifts and/or offsite/annex locations
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically
acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a
comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move
about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with
- Ability to draw accurate conclusions from financial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with CCTV and digital recording devices
- LPC or LPQ Completion Wicklander-Zulawski certified
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Builds Networks - Effectively building formal and informal
relationship networks inside and outside of the organization
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences
- Decision Quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep
the organization moving forward
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
Keywords: HOME DEPOT USA, INC, Hialeah , Distribution Center Asset Protection Supervisor, Professions , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!