Hybrid/Remote Director, Category Management ---- Construction
Company: U.S. Renal Care
Posted on: November 17, 2021
This role is focused on US Renal Care's new growth initiatives
which involve in-depth construction contracting and the execution
and management of such contracts. The Director of Category
Management is responsible for leading the company-wide category
management program which includes developing go to market
strategies, competing third party spend, negotiations, contract
awards, contract execution and supplier relationship management for
assigned spend categories. This director level position has
significant leadership responsibility in a matrixed organization to
influence and drive results cross functionally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Accountable for value creation and delivery of budget impact
cost reductions while providing high quality, safe,
patient-centered and cost-effective medication, products, services,
equipment and technologies.
- Go-To-Market sourcing strategies and Contract Award
recommendations should be based on documented business case
justification for third party spend placement which optimizes total
value to the organization.
- Leads cross-functional teams across all levels of the
organization to effect strategic placement of spend considering
operational, clinical and regulatory needs. Key internal interfaces
include finance, accounting, supply chain operations, biomed, legal
- Works collaboratively across the organization to set priorities
for assigned spend categories for cost reduction and leads the
category management team's efforts in delivering against those
- Responsible for oversight of contract drafting. Assesses
contracting language revisions, perform redlines to support
internal risk structure position and negotiate such with suppliers.
Ensures that contracts are up-to-date and have all the necessary
terms in accordance with internal compliance, risks and legal
- Contracting activity must be performed in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains relationships throughout the
organization; develops operational and strategic initiatives; and
implements strategies in all assigned spend categories. Facilitates
and/or owns responsibility for effectiveness of category management
teams throughout execution and implementation of strategically
- Oversee the new product introduction process to enhance
company's ability to timely and routinely evaluate products and
assure that they are evaluated against relevant business and
clinical criteria in accordance with company's goals and
- Oversee the supplier selection and negotiation process for key
sourcing initiatives and support the category management team in
the resolution of major customer satisfaction and vendor
- Working with company executives, medical staff leaders and
operational leaders, develops and monitors work plans designed to
bring demonstrable value and efficiencies to company. Communicate
category management progress relative to goals of supply chain and
- Facilitates the integration of category management outcomes
with the procurement, operational excellence, business
transformation and finance functions to ensure appropriate
implementation and execution of contracts.
- Maintains effective personnel management and employee
relations, including evaluating the performance of all personnel;
approving and submitting all hours worked and counseling and
- Actively promotes GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Effectively communicates expectations; accepts accountability
and holds others accountable for performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required for the
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (supply chain, finance,
accounting, business). Combination of education, specialty
certifications and experience in related area will be considered in
lieu of degree. Master's degree preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years of relevant category management and
strategic sourcing experience.
- Extensive business operational knowledge.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and the ability to direct
others according to company standards.
- Exemplary multitasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook); proficiency in all USRC applications
required within 90 days of hire.
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: U.S. Renal Care, Hialeah , Hybrid/Remote Director, Category Management ---- Construction, Professions , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!