Financial Aid Counselor
Company: Atlantis University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job descriptionAtlantis University's mission is to prepare
graduates and career-minded individuals through quality education,
while encouraging student's personal self-enrichment for their
personal and professional development. Atlantis University is
offering courses and academic programs that lead to associate
degrees, Bachelor's degrees, Master's degrees, certifications, and
other diplomas in the fields of Business, Health, and
We are currently seeking a Financial Aid Advisor responsible for
all aspects of the student financing process. The candidate will
counsel students and their families on financial matters relating
to the cost of attending the university; counsel on payment options
to include Federal, Private, Veterans' education benefits, Military
tuition assistance, payment plans and institution aid.
This position requires the individual to provide a high level of
customer service by working closely with admissions and finance
groups to ensure that prospective and continuing students/families
have a complete and comprehensive understanding of the institution,
cost of attending the university and how to pay for their
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel students/families on available funding options in
accordance to their need's assessments
- Provide a generic overview of financial aid programs available
to qualifying students
- Provide a thorough overview of financial aid and veterans'
education benefits and military tuition assistance as necessary or
refer the student/family to the proper subject matter expert
- Advise students/families on how to best locate information
necessary to complete financial paperwork successfully and to meet
- Guide students/families through financial aid paperwork to
- Counsel students on all matters related to financing their
education as it relates to enrollment, satisfactory academic
progress, leave of absences, etc., so that students maintain their
- Communicate with applicants/students/families via emails,
- Direct students/families to proper offices for information when
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the university as it
relates to admissions, academic advising, registrar, financial aid,
and enrollment so that students/families are directed to subject
matter experts as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-5 year's current experience working in a progressive
financial aid office or similar offices.
- COD, NSLDS, and Advantage experience are a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully resolve student issues from request to
resolution ensuring a positive student experience.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a
- Bilingual English/Spanish(preferred)
BUSINESS COMPETENCIESTo perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Collaborates by building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet objectives.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
- Instills trust and gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Consistently achieving results under difficult
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be
- Building strong customer relationships
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESMay perform other duties and
responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to
Keywords: Atlantis University, Hialeah , Financial Aid Counselor, Other , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!