Company: Sysco - North Star Seafood
Posted on: August 2, 2022
US1490 North Star Seafood, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Sysco North Star Seafood of South Florida- Incredible Fish
$1000 Sign On Bonus!!!
--- Monday - Friday schedules available
--- Competitive pay
--- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development
--- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
--- Paid vacation and holidays
--- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
--- Generous retirement benefits
--- Employee discount programs
--- Referral Bonus
--- Tuition Reimbursement
--- Safety programs
--- Service recognitions and employee rewards
--- Cross training opportunities
--- Candidates hired in positions eligible for Sysco benefits who
start work in the months of May and June 2021 may be eligible for
medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date
of hire . This special medical and prescription drug plan
eligibility period supersedes the standard benefit information
below regarding Sysco's benefits eligibility period. Standard
eligibility rules (below) still apple to all other Sysco benefits.
exclusions/exceptions may apply
What are we doing to keep our employees safe with regards to
--- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
--- Temperature screenings
--- Social distancing guidelines in place
--- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Selects products from inventory and assembles, packs, and
transports to staging areas for shipment. Required to work in
freezer, cooler, and dry warehouse and to maintain the appropriate
productivity standards. Performs all duties safely, accurately, and
meets set productivity goals.
- Follow essential selection pick path, select product, correctly
label, and stage product on pallet.
- Loading and unloading product deliveries as required
- Record any necessary item information into Warehouse Management
System (WMS) or applicable inventory system.
- Maintain accurate records of shortages and reports them to
- Stack product on pallet with heavier items on bottom and
lighter on top to prevent damage to product in order to maintain a
- Deliver stacked pallets to assigned area on loading dock in an
effort to ensure that products are accurately staged and can be
- Secure pallets with shrink wrap for delivery.
- Work effectively with immediate Supervisor to minimize
warehouse shrink (product loss) and general inventory control
(cycle and product counts).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work
area, accuracy of warehouse locations, and travel aisles, loading
bays and docks .
- Report any unfixable/unsafe issues (Lock Out/Tag Out items)
immediately to supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules in an effort to reduce
accidents and injuries.
- Operate appropriate material handling equipment, such as
forklifts and pallet jacks, in a safe and orderly manner in an
effort to reduce accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that material handling equipment is maintained (daily
inspection) and clean; report repair or service needs to supervisor
in an effort to reduce equipment damage.
- Ensure warehouse computers and equipment are used in a safe and
- Use warehouse computers and equipment in a safe and
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies
(i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate
- Ensure compliance with all applicable State/Federal laws,
regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA (Occupational Health and
Safety Admin.), HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control
Points), BRC, etc).
- Cross-trains in other warehouse functions and performs other
warehouse duties as assigned.
- No supervisory experience needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill set, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
preferred; previous warehouse experience and/or training preferred.
Material Handling Equipment preferred. Reach truck experience
preferred. Crown and/or Raymond reach truck experience a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certification on material handling equipment or ability to
Physical Requirements of the Position:
- The physical demands described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. An individual should contact his or her
supervisor or the Human Resource Department if he or she believes
that an accommodation is needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate
regularly is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls, frequently is required to stand and
walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear.
The associate is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit.
The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50- 60 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus.
Attention: Work Environment is Cold & Wet
- The work environment characteristics described here represent
those that an associate encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is regularly exposed to fast moving material handling
equipment or other mechanical equipment. The associate is
frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse environments. The
associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
toxic or caustic chemicals; high voltage electrical equipment and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment usually is
- The above statement reflects the general details necessary to
describe the principal functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
- This is a full-time position. The incumbent must have the
ability to work a varying schedule which might include shift work
(days or nights), weekdays or weekends, and some holidays. Work
hours may vary or change based on customer order requirements.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal..... click apply for full
Keywords: Sysco - North Star Seafood, Hialeah , Operations Worker, Other , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!