Associate Claims Adjuster
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Associate P&C Claims AdjusterOverview of PositionWe are
looking for an Insurance Adjuster to begin a career at Assurant in
a fast-paced, energetic environment where you drive results while
providing exceptional customer service. This person will protect
what matters most to people in completely new ways, so you can
create experiences that make your customer's day.At Assurant, we
are all about opportunity and finding new ways for you to develop
and grow. Our leaders are equipped with the tools to coach and help
you excel in your role and your career!Join our dynamic team of
problem solvers and pioneers who strive in helping our customers at
their time of need.What makes us different?
- 401(k) and profit sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and disability and life insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan at a discounted rate
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accountsWhat will be my duties and
responsibilities in this job?
- Investigate and adjust claims according to applicable laws and
- Conduct claim investigations including but not limited to
recorded statements, securing public records, and analyzing report
- Examine claim forms and other records to confirm coverage for
loss or damage.
- Review and audit estimates received and settle claims within
prescribed limits of authority.
- Issue payments or deny claim in a timely manner in accordance
with policy conditions.
- Effectively negotiate settlements with contractors, adjusters,
or any insured representative.
- Recognize and document subrogation and salvage opportunities
and refer accordingly.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external working
relationships. Collaborate with internal support teams and
management as appropriate.What are the requirements needed for this
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Adjuster's license
- Strong analytical, listening, problem solving and negotiating
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Minimum of one year professional work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability
to navigate and enter data on multiple screensWhat other
skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability
to draft business-level communications when responding to
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
to manage schedules and meet deadlines
- Strong listening, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability
to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellenceWhat are the
working conditions and physical requirements of this job?General
Keywords: Assurant, Hialeah , Associate Claims Adjuster, Other , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!