Tour Bus Driver
Company: Conway Tours Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
$17.00/Hr + Paid Time Off
Big Bus Tours a leading global Double-decker Bus sightseeing
tour company has immediate openings for professional and personable
Sightseeing Tour Bus Operators. We are seeking individuals that
enjoy working with people and can demonstrate excellent people
skills, are friendly, courteous and enjoy being around people.
Driving & Safety
- Pick up and drop off customers at our licenced bus stops and
ensure the safety and well-being of passengers while on tour or
when they board and exit a bus.
- Comply with all state, local and federal traffic laws, road
rules and safety regulations and ensue these are followed; report
any traffic violations immediately; immediately report all
incidents/ accidents to your manager.
- Comply with regulations issued by FMCSA & DOT Regulations such
as; Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol
Testing Programs. Overview of 49 CFR Part 40
- Understand highway traffic signals, respond to official
questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and
- By experience, training, or both, be able to drive the motor-
coach/ Bus safely; ability to operate and communicate clearly on
companys radio system.
- Provide his/her employer with a list of all motor vehicle
violations or a signed statement that driver has not been convicted
of any motor vehicle violations during the past 12 months.
- Comply with the traffic laws and company regulations regarding
the use of mobile phones, no smoking in company vehicles and the
use of prohibited equipment (such as games consoles) whilst on
- Have an overall understanding of the fleet safety system used
by Big Bus operations Greenroad and Smart Drive.
- Follow company procedures in the event of breakdowns, accidents
or emergencies; in the event of an accident, immediately notify
management, assure that medical emergency procedures are followed;
complete a written accident report, this must be completed and
handed back to the manager on duty before the end of that days
- Complete pre & post bus inspection each time you are assigned
to a new bus. These inspections are to be done using a DVIR (Driver
Vehicle Inspection Report) form. Any faults found must be reported
on the DVIR form & manager on duty.
- Ensure the cab area of the bus is kept in a safe and tidy
condition at all times.
- Check that the communication devices (e.g. two-way radio,
language system) are in proper working order before each trip. The
radio must be used in a professional manner for the purpose of
conveying company information or seeking advice from a Point
- Ensure that the language system and microphone are in working
order before each trip.
- Check the vehicle for lost property and hand any items found to
the point controller.
- Provide a high standard of customer service by interacting with
customers in a respectful manner: treat customers, colleagues (and
anyone else you come in to contact with whilst representing the
company) in a courteous and professional manner, be alert, careful,
considerate and helpful at all times.
- Be able to work independently and with other team members.
- Process and sell tour tickets as required.
- Use ramps as required allowing access/egress to the vehicle by
disadvantage (disabled/elderly) or mobility impaired
- Assist with ensuring that groups of adult/child ratios are
maintained on the bus.
- Stop at every designated bus stop on the route (regardless of
whether or not passengers are present).
- Give customers on the bus any information that may help them
during their journey. Examples would be telling customers the best
stop for their destination, road closures & diversions
- Keep up to date with road closures, diversions or special
events that affect the service. This is done by reading notices,
newsletters, attending briefings, listening to the on-bus
- Report all safety, security, driving and customer service
incidents to the manager on duty as soon as possible.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Must have a minimum 2 years CDL B with P endorsement license
and clean driving record.
- Prior sightseeing tour bus experience preferred but not
required. (Will Train)
- Must speak and understand English sufficient to interact with
customers requesting customer service and ticket sales
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Able to work flexible hours and days
- Able to pass drug and alcohol test
- CDL A or B with Passenger Endorsement, 2 or more years
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits
- Weekly and Yearly Attendance Bonuses
- Minimum Hour Guarantees
- Ticket Sales Commissions
- Pay Frequency: Weekly
Monday through Sunday (Days off based on schedule)
Typical start time: 8AM
Typical end time: 6PM
Keywords: Conway Tours Inc, Hialeah , Tour Bus Driver, Other , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!