After-School Counselor - Part Time
Company: Catholic Health Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing a
safe and developmentally appropriate program in compliance with
agency policies and procedures, regulatory agencies requirements,
funding sources stipulations and accreditation guidelines.
The incumbent must demonstrate competency to provide effective
and nurturing teacher-child interactions, plan and implement
learning experiences to ensure effective implementation and use of
curriculum and assessment that promotes children's progress,
including children with disabilities and dual language learners as
appropriate, as well as be able to respectful, culturally
responsive and build trusting relationships with families.
- Responsible to plan and implement activities to meet the
intellectual, physical, emotional, and social needs of the children
in the program.
- Responsible to plan and conduct various educational activities
that include homework, math, literacy, science, music, physical
activities and games according to weekly lesson plan.
- Responsible to ensure the learning environment is safe and well
- Responsible to listen attentively to children and build
- Responsible to foster reasoning and problem solving through
adequate teacher modeling and interaction using higher order
critical thinking skills.
- Responsible to follow emergency procedures.
- Responsible to perform pre-and post-test as per program or
funding source guidelines.
- Responsible to ensure that meal service takes place in a family
style and pleasant atmosphere.
- Responsible to ensure that every child is supervised at all
- Responsible to establish routines and provide positive
- Responsible to clearly, effective and consistently communicate
in a manner that children understand.
- Responsible to supervises that parent/legal guardian signature
is recorded on a daily basis in the center's sign in/out log, and
assures that no child is dismissed with a person other than those
identified in the center's registration card.
- Responsible to administer medication and provision of First Aid
and/or CPR is conducted in accordance with program guidelines.
- Responsible to provide a safe and secure environment for
children to feel comfortable.
- Responsible to implement positive discipline procedures to
ensure child and staff safety.
- Responsible to integrate special needs children in a positive
and respectful manner.
- Discuss and document children's development with parents as per
- Participate and involve students in community related
- Responsible to prepare and submit to direct supervisor written
record of accidents or unusual incidents and child abuse and
neglect according to guidelines.
- Responsible to record meal counts, and monitor portions
according to guidelines.
- Responsible to keep parents informed of program expectations,
program activities and child's progress in a positive and tactful
- Responsible to keep inventory of materials and equipment
- Responsible to supervise, and evaluate performance of
volunteers in the classroom.
- Develop and maintain current, accurate and confidential client
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bilingual - English / Spanish
- CPR / First Aid Certification
- Department of Children and Families 45 mandatory training hours
must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- Team building skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal and listening skills
- Stress management skills
- Time management skills
- Must have knowledge of computer office software
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English
Keywords: Catholic Health Services, Hialeah , After-School Counselor - Part Time, Other , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!