Food & Beverage Manager
Company: Churchill Downs Incorporated
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Calder Casino is a dynamic place to work! As a Restaurant
Manager, you will be responsible for the successful operation of
the F&B Front of House inclusive of developing an engaged team,
providing memorable guest experiences, and ensuring the cleanliness
and safety of both internal and external guests. If you have a
passion for creativity, a fast paced environment, and growing with
a winning team we encourage you to apply. Join us at Bigger.
Calder Casino offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits
package and other perks for eligible Team Members including but not
limited to: Paid Time Off, 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life,
STD, LTD, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Team
Member exclusive discounts, and more!
The Restaurant Manager contributes to the success of the
operation through the direction and guidance of the restaurant
front of house service operations to ensure a quality dining
experience and company profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility is to direct the restaurant/banquet services
operation, attain objectives, and maintain high standards.
Including but not limited to: food quality, service, cleanliness,
safety and compliance in accordance to the Florida Department of
Health and Departmental/Company guidelines.
- Empowered to coach and develop Team Members in order to uphold
regulatory Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure service standards according to company benchmarks of
quality and timeliness. Adhere to established SOP and/or develop
new SOP's where applicable.
- Attract, interview, hire, train and retain a qualified team;
appraise the productivity and efficiency of the service team for
the purpose of making and recommending promotions or other changes
- Responsible for scheduling service Team Members, inclusive of
all Hosts/Cashiers, Food Servers, Bus Person, and Banquet Team
- Assist departmental leaders with budgetary targets, communicate
with the team effectively, gather and evaluate guest
feedback/suggestions, maintain overall cleanliness of dining room
areas, and motivate Team Members.
- Foster a culture of mentoring/training of new and existing Team
- Work closely and professionally with departmental leaders and
support department staff.
- Delegate authority and assigns responsibilities as
- Display a sense of urgency to tasks, goals and problem solving
- Participate/Attend in company initiatives, events and
committees as required.
- Create and deliver ideas for Food & Beverage promotional
opportunities and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Standards of Performance
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively
communicate with guests, co-workers and management.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on business
needs which includes days, evenings, nights, weekends and
- Creative and innovative with Food and Beverage service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual is
- High level of professionalism with the ability to react well
- Adherence to Code of Conduct and all Calder Casino policies and
- Maintain and promote our business strategy.
- Maintain an open-door policy for Team Members to allow open
- Leads by example relative to exemplary customer service both
internal and external.
- Supervisory skills; maintaining interpersonal working
relationships among all personnel.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
guest, regulatory agencies or members of the team.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and
deal with several variables.
- Ability to perform normal mathematical computations in regard
to the implementation of current duties.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Five years' experience in restaurant service and/or beverage
operational related roles; Fast causal/dine-in.
- Three years' experience supervisory experience.
- 4 year hospitality degree preferred or combination of related
field experience and education.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of payroll systems or time tracking systems strongly
- Ability to obtain a valid Florida DPBR gaming license.
- Food Manager Certification / Health & Safety is preferred.
- Valid Alcohol Awareness / TIPS Certification is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to sit or stand; walk; reach with
hands and arms; use fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or
controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and
talk or hear. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate to loud. The employee is subjected to circulate throughout
the assigned areas, including the smoking area, actively observing
players and functioning of machines.
Churchill Downs Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Churchill Downs Incorporated, Hialeah , Food & Beverage Manager, Other , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!