Company: Gerstein & Gerstein Attorneys, PA
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Fast-paced but casual law office seeking a highly-qualified
Legal Assistant to become a part of our team and contribute to our
ongoing success.We are seeking someone with experience and superb
writing skills to assist our attorneys with various activities
related to immigration law, particularly business immigration.
Responsibilities and duties:
1. Prepare forms on our professional software such as adjustment of
status, renewals of work/travel permits and extension
2. Assemble documents and petitions for complex business and
3. Write affidavits for immigration waiver cases and prepare
support letters and documentation for employment-related visa
petitions (ex: E-2 treaty investor visas).
4. Take overflow phone calls from our receptionist.
5. Create invoices for clients.
6. Make inquiries online and over the phone with various government
7. Respond to clients' inquiries regarding case status updates and
8.Scan and sort our daily postal mail and evidence gathered for
1. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Attention to detail, accuracy and organization are critical to your
success in this position. Excellent grammar and proof-reading
skills are required. The ability to follow directions and pay
attention to detail is also a must.
2. Must be flexible with the ability to handle multiple projects
simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
3. Must be capable of performing a variety of administrative,
secretarial and legal duties for the attorneys.
4. Must be able to identify and prioritize urgent matters as well
as manage time and multitask effectively.
5. Speaks English at an idiomatic level. Bilingual in any other
language is a plus, but is not required.
6. Prior experience as a legal assistant (particularly with
immigration) is a plus, but is not required.
7. Must be able to type at least 50 words per minute and have
proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and internet-based software. You
will be working on a Mac and will be trained if youre
1. Salary will be determined by experience.
2. There will be a 90-day trial period (paid) before we can
determine that this will work out (reviews will be provided at the
end of each 30 days).
3. Please submit a resume, writing sample and a transcript from
your highest level of education for consideration.
4. We provide a competitive compensation package, including health
insurance and retirement benefits, with potential for growth.
5. Applicants must submit to a background check.
6. Paid vacation time is granted after the first year of employment
at our firm.
Keywords: Gerstein & Gerstein Attorneys, PA, Hialeah , immigration paralegal, Legal , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!