Company: Viking River Cruises
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel
company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great
lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused
experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250
awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1
Ocean Cruise Line by Cond-- Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021
Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and
fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated
Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious
ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi .
Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart
of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you
will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that
stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a
Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides
up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses
covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel
to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to
save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality
positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a
close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form
lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training
from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge
and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for
advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey,
Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to $46,600
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Cook prepares delicious meals for our Guests and Crew,
according to the various recipes as set out by the Executive
- You are required to have advanced culinary skills, in any section
of a kitchen operation.
- It is your responsibility to maintain a friendly, guest-oriented
service culture to ensure Guest satisfaction and repeat business,
which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the
- Prepare dishes at an advanced level, in line with company
recipes, menus and procedures; taste dishes as per the various
menus onboard and make taste adjustments to dishes, when
- Prepare food items as per recipes and instructions received from
the relevant Supervisor, requiring minimum supervision; have an
in-depth understanding of the Ship's Safety Procedures & Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure economical work practices and control food production to
minimize and/or avoid wastage.
- Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public
Health Policies and Company Regulations and enforce & maintain
"clean as you go" work habits.
--- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are
prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Participate in "The Daily Reunion" every day to understand your
team's operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to
Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Provide the highest level of comfort and service to Guests and
consistently maintain an impeccable standard of cleanliness and
hygiene in assigned areas, as per Viking's STAR Service Standards
and all Public Health Policies; proactively prepare service
according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea day
activities & other activities.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard.
Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying
with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and
protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to
prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at different
times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive can-do
attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and
objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can
operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety &
Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard
training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises
as required by the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to take over the Assistant Chef de
Partie's position, at any given moment (with the necessary
- Demonstrate the ability to work in any section assigned by the
Executive Chef - the assigned section can change at any given
This document describes the primary activities, duties and
responsibilities of this position. Your manager or supervisor may
assign additional duties and responsibilities to you.
Keywords: Viking River Cruises, Hialeah , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!