Home Care Coordinator (RN) - Hialeah, Florida - Home Health
Company: Mount Sinai Medical Center
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Home Care Coordinator (RN) - Hialeah, Florida Home Care
Coordinator (RN)As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the breathtaking
intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is dedicated to
providing exceptional health care to our diverse community enhanced
through innovation, technology, teaching, and research.
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent
not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community
of more than 4,000 employees.
We provide world-class care:
- Named one of America's 250 Best Hospitals for 2020 and 2021 by
Healthgrades, positioning Mount Sinai among the top 5% of hospitals
in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as
cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and
patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient
- -Oversee or perform initial assessments of participants in
their home environment to determine their individual needs and
coordinate plan of care with care-giving resources. Coordinate with
the interdisciplinary team to develop care plan for each
- Oversee or perform any required re-assessments of all
participants to determine that appropriate in-home services are
provided and that participants are in the least restrictive
- Accurately enters appropriate service requests, incidents,
grievances, etc. into EMR and reports information timely to
supervisor and IDT. -
- Function as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Maintain
regular attendance at, and participate in interdisciplinary team
meetings, communicating participant changes, creating and updating
care plans, collaborating on care planning decisions and
coordination of 24 hour care delivery. -
- Provides and explains all required home care orders or other
clinical interventions to the participant that occur in the home
- -Communicates all pertinent information regarding the
cancellation of home care appointments/shifts -to IDT and logs
cancellations into the EMR for tracking purposes. -
- -Serves as a liaison between Eldercare and contracted Home
Health services. -Communicates the care authorized to the network
providers to include discipline, care to be provided and requested
days and times. -Supervises services provided by network
- Provide orientation, initial and annual competencies, supervise
and evaluates performance of Homecare Nurse and Home Health Aides
for Eldercare -and Network Providers.
- Assure that staff and contracted providers maintain
participants' medical records and fulfill charting and reporting
requirements per Eldercare policy and procedures. This includes
updating care plans and attaching encounters to care
- Communicates with participant, staff or contracted network
staff any ordered tests or procedures to ensure all ordered
tests/procedures are completed accurately and timely.
- Meets weekly or as needed with Network Providers to review all
services authorized, discuss any issues, ensure all documentation
is received timely and serve as a liaison with Business Office for
- Demonstrates understanding of department needs and operation
when performing home care coordinator role. -
- Provides hands on clinical care ordered by the Eldercare
physician on participants including wound care, IV therapy,
medication refills/teaching, diabetic care, to name a few. -If home
care coordinator is not a nurse this item is not
- Ensures that telephone call, emails and texts are responded to
within established time frames. -Conversations are entered in the
EMR as req
- Maintains compliance of Patient Access Processes and Federal,
State and Local Laws and regulatory standards (AHCA, HIPPA,
Medicare, Medicaid, EMTALA, COBRA, etc.)
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Current RN or LPN license in the State of Florida preferred.
-BLS and CPR Certified. -
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing or Bachelors
degree in health care related field is preferred. High School or
graduation equivalent is required.
- Two years practical experience in home health care or other
similar care setting. -At least two years prior experience in
scheduling and or care coordination in home care, workers
compensation or other health care setting. At least one year
working with the frail or elderly. -Excellent communication and
customer service skills.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our employees
and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that fit their
personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package includes:
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Specialty Registered Nurse I
Keywords: Mount Sinai Medical Center, Hialeah , Home Care Coordinator (RN) - Hialeah, Florida - Home Health, Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...