Weekends only Medical Assistant
Company: USA Clinics Group
Posted on: May 24, 2023
As a Medical Assistant, you would balance the needs of patients
and maintain efficient work-flow of the office as well as provide
support to the physician in all facets of medical procedures -
before during and after. In addition, you would ensure that the
patient has an excellent service experience. This position works
Saturdays and Sundays only Responsibilities
- Greet patients and escort them to the examination rooms; assist
patients with the completion of forms as necessary.
- Become familiar with clinic computer hardware and software and
use according to company policies.
- Answer multiple line and multiple language telephone
- Schedule appointments and accommodate patient appointment
needs, such as ordering transportation, rescheduling, etc.
- Contact insurance companies to verify eligibility.
- Perform clerical work as needed, i.e., copying, filing, faxing,
- Comply with patient needs at all time and ensure all questions
- Maintain procedure rooms by ensuring that they are neat and
ready for use at all times.
- Assist doctors during Endovenous Laser Therapy procedures in
accordance with instructions and individual doctor
- Prepare patients before procedures and clean up after.
- Ensure patient receipt of post-procedure instructions and how
to obtain medication if needed.
- Monitor supply levels and replace as needed.
- Apply knowledge of sterile techniques and OSHA
- Prepare IV solution.
- Train new staff as needed.
- Assist ultrasound staff as needed.
- Transport supplies or equipment as needed.
- Work overtime as required.
- Additional duties as assigned Requirements
- HS diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Very strong computer skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job responsibilities. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is occasionally required to stand for extended
periods of time; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; keyboarding;
reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel,
bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive
motion of upper body required for extended use of computer.
Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Work Environment In the working
environment of the Clinic, there may be potential exposure to
communicable diseases, contaminated blood and body fluids and
hazardous materials. Work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. This
position works Saturdays and Sundays only Benefits IND1
Keywords: USA Clinics Group, Hialeah , Weekends only Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...