Radiology Program Director
Company: Florida National University
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Florida National University -
Florida National University contributes to the education of a
diverse student body within the community it serves. FNU employs
and develops a faculty of scholars proficient in the art of
teaching. We strive to prepare students for employment in their
chosen careers through quality education and instruction.
The Radiology Program Director position is responsible for assuring
effective program operations. Overseeing ongoing program
accreditation and assessment processes. Maintaining compliance with
JRCERT standards of accreditation and SACSCOC principles.
Participating in budget planning. Participating in didactic and/or
clinical instruction, as appropriate. Maintaining current knowledge
of the professional discipline and educational methodologies
through continuing professional development. Assuming the
leadership role in the continued development and evaluation of the
program. Responsible for engaging students, fostering learning,
assuring role model professionalism ultimately producing
competently trained students prepared for professional careers.
- Development and monitor the program assuring consistent and high
- Establish, measure, and evaluate program and student learning
outcomes for continuous student improvement and success.
- Oversee correlation of clinical education with didactic education
using approved curriculum format.
- Teach radiologic technology courses in a classroom/lab/field
setting that closely simulates the environment of the industry
while maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments in
- Evaluate and advise students in a didactic/clinical setting.
- Meet with students, staff members and other educators to discuss
instructional programs and other issues.
- Ensure that safety and security requirements are met.
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and job placement
- Perform assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend
across FNU's three campuses or outreach center as assigned.
Position may require committee and project assignments and
day/evening/distance learning classes and activities.
- Leverage expertise to develop, maintain and deliver education
services to students through:
- Creating and maintaining core curriculum
- Communicating and monitoring delivery of core curriculum
- Delivering own course lectures
- Facilitating student engagement
- Working one-on-one with students
- Assessing students and providing developmental feedback
- Oversight and management of Radiology Program curricula:
- Review program curriculum to ensure materials are up-to-date
- Review courses within program
- Review text books, equipment, and materials
- Create and modify course materials and manuals as necessary
- Work with program coordinators to ensure consistency of delivery
- Meet with program advisory boards and other stakeholders to
ensure the program meet community/employer needs
- Prepare for and facilitate annual professional development for
faculty to ensure program is up-to-date
- Prepare Course Plans and Materials:
- Prepare syllabi (using Simple Syllabus)
- Create lesson plansfor classroom instruction of credited
radiologic technology courses
- Create exams, quizzes, and projects/assignments
- Coordinate with librarian and bookstore for availability of
- Deliver Courses:
- Deliver lectures/facilitate labs
- Grade projects and exams
- Provide progress reports/mid-term feedback
- Maintain grade book
- Enforce policies (dress code, no food and drink, schedules,
- Monitor Progress/Attendance:
- Monitor student progress and follow-up as needed
- Enforce class participation policy
- Follow-up with students who miss a class (phone calls)
- Report class participation issues to the academic advisors
- Advise Students:
- Answer student questions
- Be available for one-on-one assistance/tutoring
- Record Grades and Submit Reports:
- Maintain grade books
- Adhere to departmental grading policies
- Provide academic advisors with weekly reports
- Submit final grades
- Monitor equipment and supply needs (prepares/plans budget
- Maintain classroom.
- Maintain any relevant licensures and certifications.
- Attend campus faculty meetings.
- Participate in committees and knowledge sharing forums. Attend
professional development training, workshops, seminars, and
- Support and participate in University Commencement
- Participate in the new student orientations.
- Participate in the self-studies and committees conducted by the
- Ensure compliance with Title IX of Education Amendments Act of
- Follow all FNU Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulation and the
FNU Code of Ethics. As well as, Title IX, Family Educational Rights
and Privacy Act, as amended from time to time ("FERPA"), Florida
Information Protection Act of 2014, as amended from time to time
("FIPA"), the EU General Data Protection Regulation as amended from
time to time (GDPR) and all other applicable federal, state and
local laws, rules, and regulations.
- Read, understand and comply with the University's mission, the
catalog, the University's policies and procedures, the Staff
Handbook and Institutional Effectiveness process.
- Meet deadlines. Respond to communications (e-mail, voice mail) on
a daily basis.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree is required.
- Proficient in curriculum design, evaluation, instruction, program
administration and academic advising.
- Minimum of three (3) years of documented clinical experience in
- Minimum of two (2) years of documented experience as an
instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program.
- Clear/Active: unrestricted American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) certification and registration in radiography
or the equivalent (an unrestricted state license for the state in
which the program is located).
- Clear/Active: unrestricted Florida Certified Radiologic
- Experience with JRCERT Accreditation standards and processes.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in regulatory and policy issues
related to specified program(s).
- SACSCOC experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication, public speaking and presentation
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing
- Collaborative work style; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solution-focused with strong problem-solving and conflict
- Student-centered approach; balances team and individual
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Outlook and
basic database applications.
- Ability to be present and on the job during all periods deemed
critical by management.
- Management - communicating with and facilitating discussions
among a diverse range of highly educated professionals across a
variety of disciplines.
- Goal setting - setting reasonable, yet high targets, and creating
a plan for attaining those targets.
- Planning - organizing and prioritizing the needs and goals of
Hialeah Campus: 4425 W. Jose Regueiro (20th) Avenue, Hialeah,
General office working conditions. Noise level is at normal office
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to frequently and for extended periods of time, sit;
stand; walk; use hands to handle and feel objects; reach with hands
and arms; climb stairs. This position requires the ability to see,
hear, and operate a computer keyboard and standard office
equipment. The employee must lift and/or move up to (10) pounds and
occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust to focus. The employee must travel to other campuses, as
needed and/or required.
Safety Hazard of the Job
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition waiver
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Life insurance
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all tasks, duties, skills and/or responsibilities required for
this position in each Campus at all times. Tasks, duties, skills
and/or responsibilities may vary from individual to individual,
campus to campus and over time, depending upon various factors.
These are general guidelines for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $95,000.00 per year
- Clear/Active unrestricted ARRT certification & registration
- Clear/Active unrestricted Florida CRT (Required)
Keywords: Florida National University, Hialeah , Radiology Program Director, Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!