Registered Nurse, MultiSpecialty Clinic, Full Time
Company: UHealth University of Miami Health System
Posted on: August 5, 2022
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the
University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use
the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a
faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review
this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for
excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and
impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the
community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging,
where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value.
Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence,
Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community
works together to create an environment driven by purpose,
excellence, community, and service.
Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
Work Location: UMHC - 3rd Floor MultiSpecialty
The UMHC - 3rd Floor MultiSpecialty Department has an exciting
opportunity for a full time Registered Nurse 1 (RN 1). The RN
* Assesses assigned patients and evaluates plans to include
documentation of nursing care.
* Reports symptoms and changes in patients' condition and vital
* Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients'
responses and condition, and physician orders.
* Reviews, evaluates and reports diagnostic tests to assess
* Consults with physicians and other healthcare professionals
related to assigned patients to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate patient care plans.
* Prepares patients for, and assists with examinations, procedures
* Considers patient age and culture during patient treatments and
provides any needed information regarding treatment plan.
* Nurtures a compassionate environment by providing psychological
* Performs appropriate patient tests and safely administers
medications within the scope of practice.
* Administers and maintains accurate records related to medications
and treatments as per regulatory bodies, policies, procedures and
* Communicates plan of care in a timely manner to patient and
family, as well as the appropriate team members, ensuring
compliance with all regulatory guidelines (i.e. HIPAA).
* Uses best practices for transition of patient care.
* Uses available resources to assist in discharge planning.
* Plans, prioritizes, and adjusts assignments to accomplish goals
and render superior patient care; seeks assistance when needed.
* Adapts to changing work demands and environment.
* Operates the appropriate medical equipment.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and
safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities as necessary.
Bachelor of Science in nursing required
Certification and Licensing:
Registered Nurse License; Basic Life Support Certification
No previous experience required
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only
university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care
powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at
the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza
("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of
Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: UHealth University of Miami Health System, Hialeah , Registered Nurse, MultiSpecialty Clinic, Full Time, Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!