(F/T) Registered Nurse 2-PACU/Recovery-BPEI-Up to $25,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: UHealth University of Miami Health System
Posted on: August 5, 2022
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the
University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use
the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a
faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review
this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and
academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest
private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for
excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and
impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the
community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging,
where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value.
Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence,
Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community
works together to create an environment driven by purpose,
excellence, community, and service.
The Surgical Services Department at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute has
an exciting opportunity for a Full Time PACU Registered Nurse. Th
* Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and shows a fundamental
understanding of its implications by reporting information to the
physician and others caring for patient in the room.
* Uses care plans as a basis for providing safe and therapeutic
care to patients
* Consistently follows established standards, policies and
procedures in providing nursing care.
* Accepts responsibility for clinical care of assigned patients,
including supervision of nonprofessional personnel.
* Accurately and promptly implements physician's orders.
* Administers medication and intravenous solutions skillfully and
* Supports and enforces infection-control/performance improvement
policies and procedures.
* Cooperates and maintains good rapport with nursing staff, medical
staff, and other department, and visitors.
* Perform all other job related duties assigned.
* Reviews, evaluates and reports diagnostic tests to assess
* Consults with physicians and other healthcare professionals
related to assigned patients to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate patient care plans.
* Prepares patients for, and assists with examinations, procedures
* Considers patient age and culture during patient treatments and
provides any needed information regarding treatment plan.
* Nurtures a compassionate environment by providing psychological
* Performs appropriate patient tests and safely administers
medications within the scope of practice.
* Administers and maintains accurate records related to medications
and treatments as per regulatory bodies, policies, procedures and
* Communicates plan of care in a timely manner to patient and
family, as well as the appropriate team members, ensuring
compliance with all regulatory guidelines (i.e. HIPAA). Uses best
practices for transition of patient care.
* Uses available resources to assist in discharge planning.
* Plans, prioritizes, and adjusts assignments to accomplish goals
and render superior patient care; seeks assistance when needed.
* Adapts to changing work demands and environment. Safely operates
* Serves as a preceptor and assists new staff in the provision of
care in order to help them acclimate to the healthcare environment,
and a direct patient care role. Provides concise and constructive
feedback when needed.
* Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and
safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be
all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or
responsibilities as necessary.
* Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor's degree
(BSN) preferred. RNs hired with an Associates (ASN) degree have 2
years to complete the BSN degree.
Certification and Licensing:
* Registered Nurse License; BLS,ACLS, and PALS from the American
* CNOR preferred
* Minimum 2 years of nursing experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition
remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only
university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care
powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at
the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we
are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and
sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters
each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide
recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care.
We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza
("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of
Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide
ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and
clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or
clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination.
Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or
termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected
from discrimination based on certain categories protected by
Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: UHealth University of Miami Health System, Hialeah , (F/T) Registered Nurse 2-PACU/Recovery-BPEI-Up to $25,000 Sign On Bonus, Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!