RN-Psychiatry (Per Diem / Pool, Night shift)
Company: Nicklaus Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2021
DescriptionJob SummaryResponsible for the planning and delivery
of care utilizing nursing processes: assessment, implementation and
evaluation. Oversees the plan of care, utilizes effective problem
solving strategies, and applies evidence based practices. Supports
and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and
Patient Bill of Rights. Possesses a passion for learning and
provides compassionate and family centered care for Psychiatric
patients. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing
Manager/Director.Qualifications Minimum Job Requirements
- --RN licensure within the State of Florida - maintain active
and in good standing throughout employment
- - BLS American Heart Association (AHA) -- maintain active and
in good standing throughout employment
- - PALS American Heart Association (AHA) - required within 2
years of hire
- - CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute --maintain active and in
good standing throughout employment within 7 days of hire date
- - Level II Background Check and Affidavit of Good Moral
Character Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- - BSN degree or currently enrolled in a BSN degree program
- - Career Development: National certification Certified
Pediatric Nurse (i.e. ANCC, CPN, or RNBC) preferably within 5 years
- - A minimum of 1 year of experience as an RN in a Pediatric
Psychiatric setting preferred.
- - Proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- - Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the
information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- - Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- - Ability to positively influence, hold self and others
- - Able to work effectively in collaborative environment.
- - Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice,
analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice.
- - Able to float to various nursing units while maintaining the
delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service. Job
- -Plans, implements, and documents the plan of care in
collaboration with the other disciplines and services to assure
safe and efficient care.-
- -Ensures completion of patient admission history, and prepares
and completes the discharge planning process accurately as per
department and hospital policies and procedures.
- -Obtains parental consent for every medication administered per
- -Follows physician's orders, checks labs, tests, and
administers patient medications when needed. Adheres to six rights
of medication administration per Medication administration
- -Accesses IV sites after removal of IV to check for
infiltration, redness, and infections.
- -Collaborates and rounds with a multi-disciplinary team in
daily care planning rounds, as appropriate and fosters a Family
Centered Care Environment.
- -Ensures safe analgesics/narcotics administration, monitoring
and reassessment as per hospital Pain Management policy and
- -Completes all nursing multi-system assessment that includes
head to toe, performs systems assessment based upon patient need.
Performs mental health assessment.
- -Ensures appropriate restraint orders, use, documentation, and
monitoring as required by Sedation policy and procedure.
- -Accesses electronic health record independently according to
hospital policy and completes accurate and timely documentation
within 24 hours in the patient's electronic health record.
- -Communicates with patient and family on additional resources
available to the patient.
- -Ensures voluntary consents and/ or baker acts are up to date
and in good standing.
- -Coordinates all assignments and tasks for Behavior Health
- -Communicates with patients and families to review plan of care
and solicits input. Communicates any patient and family concerns to
- -Educates families regarding new diagnosis and provides
- -Promotes an -error free- working environment by consistently
providing high-quality safe care as prompted.
- -Assesses all body systems, and ensures safe, efficient care,
while ensuring no medication errors, avoidance of falls, and clean
- -Provides patient information and effectively completes the
hand off process at shift change and patient reassignments.
- -Demonstrates proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
indication and use.
- -Actively participates in the nursing governance council and
unit based activities.
- -Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving a 95% CEI;
completes documentation in a timely manner; accountable to
regulatory and requirements of the DNV, CMS, DOH, FACT, COG,
- -Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral
health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention
Job : Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location : Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital -
Main Hospital Campus
Department : PSYCHIATRY-2100-630000
Keywords: Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Hialeah , RN-Psychiatry (Per Diem / Pool, Night shift), Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!