Assistant Lead General Pediatrician (Full Time
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Assistant Lead General Pediatrician (Full Time) Hialeah , FL
Full Time , Days Weekly Schedule: Weekdays, Evenings, Weekends,
Newborn Nursery Rounds (All to be discussed) Posted 10/02/2020
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing direct medical care to
birth to adulthood and working with other physicians to establish
medical protocols and
treatment regimens; with an emphasis on patient-centered,
cost-effective medical care.
SUPERVISIORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for reviewing and
Advanced Practice Practitioner (APP) charts as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of
the duties that may be
- Delivers and directs patient care within scope of
- Obtains complete and accurate information in a courteous and
respectful manner in order to determine an appropriate treatment
- Performs treatments quickly and efficiently while keeping the
parents/patients informed and being sensitive to the patient's
comfort during the treatment.
- Sets the expectation with the parents by listening to their
concerns and addressing those that can be addressed and informing
the parents of the course of action to follow for other health
- Advises patients and family members in methods that facilitate
a capacity for selfcare and a move toward a healthcare partnership
between providers, patients and their families.
- Communicates effectively with staff.
- Provides clear and concise verbal and written instructions and
ensures that instructions are understood by listening and asking
- Writes patient notes that are legible in order to provide
adequate information for other health care providers.
- Addresses health care issues appropriately.
- Uses the Electronic Health Record to assist in the delivery of
quality patient care.
- Applies customer service guidelines appropriate for the
- Consults and coordinates with health care providers working at
- Provides assistance to the health care providers by answering
questions regarding patient care.
- Works in coordination with the health care providers and care
managers to develop treatment plans for patients.
- Works with all other staff in the office as a member of the
office and the system.
- Participates in fulfilling the mission, vision, goals and
objectives of the organization
- Assists in committee and other duties.
- Maintains a clean work environment including adequate supplies
and upkeep of office and equipment. Reports defective or missing
equipment and safety hazards. Assists in disaster planning and
- Coordinates and works with other team members to ensure the
efficient and effective flow of patients though the office.
- Works in coordination with the Quality Assurance Team and
management to develop and implement a quality assurance
- Monitors the quality of care delivered.
- Completes charts reviews on a regular basis - including
oversight and supervision of physician extenders.
- Provides and receives feedback on quality of care being
delivered to ensure regulatory standards are met as they apply to
- Abides by policies, procedures and bylaws.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
1. Ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple clinical
2. Ability and comfort to educate and coordinate with other health
3. Knowledge of all Compliance documents including but not limited
to the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct, Compliance Plan, and
4. Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Proficiency in the use of appropriate computer software and
6. Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
7. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that
other specialties are included in the healthcare plan.
8. Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control
Pediatrician job duties involve considerable sitting, standing,
walking, bending, and lifting on a daily basis. Physician must be
able to respond when needed by prompt appearance at a required
location, and be able to work under physically and emotionally
stressed conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to
communicable diseases. Safety precautions for employees such as
blood drawing for screening of various diseases such as hepatitis,
required immunizations, etc. are necessary. The employee is
occasionally subject to verbal abuse, threats, and physical
violence from angry, hostile, or disgruntled patients and/or family
members. Physicians will be required to work holidays, evenings,
weekends, and nights, and may be required to work in other
locations away from primary work site.
Employee must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills
necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients
served. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles
of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability
to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the
appropriate information needed to identify each patient's
requirements relative to his or her age specific needs, and to
provide the care needed as described in the Pediatric Associate's
policies, procedures, and scope of practice.
1. M.D. or D.O. degree required.
2. Successful completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate
Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
approved post-graduate residency, or equivalent in Pediatrics
3. Current, Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State
4. Current, Unrestricted Florida state specific DEA license
5. Current Board Certification appropriate for degree or be Board
eligible and certified within five years of employment.
6. Meets all requirements in order to obtain medical staff
membership and required privileges.
7. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required and Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) as required for hospital appointment.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Founded in 1955, Pediatric Associates is one of
the oldest and most respected pediatric practices in the United
States. Pediatric Associates opened its first office in Hollywood,
Florida. The Company was one of the first medical groups to
introduce satellite office locations in consumer retail locations.
They were also one of the first pediatric groups to embrace managed
care in the 1970s, collaborating with insurance plans as healthcare
partners with the common interest of providing South Florida's
children with the best healthcare available. Today, Pediatric
Associates is a national leader in pediatric population health
management with over 200,000 patients under global risk. Keeping
abreast of medical advances and changing lifestyles, Pediatric
Associate's modern facilities offer comprehensive services,
including X-ray and state certified laboratories. The Company
currently has 33 neighborhood locations, which are staffed by more
than 200 employed providers who proudly serve families throughout
Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, St. Lucie, counties, including
Tampa and Jacksonville. Pediatric Associates will continue to bring
the best possible healthcare service to its patients well into the
21st Century. Ease of access, prompt courteous service and
responsiveness to our patients' concerns will always be their
primary goal. Pediatric Associates has continued to thrive and
today is recognized as one of the premier general pediatric and
population health management practices in the United States.
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Hialeah , Assistant Lead General Pediatrician (Full Time, Healthcare , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!