Fleet Maintenance Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2022
US0016 Sysco South Florida, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for managing the
activities associated with maintaining the fleet maintenance
department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
managing the company shop and shop personnel for the maintenance,
diagnosis, and repair of the Sysco fleet, ensuring safety and
security of the shop and fleet, and providing management and
direction to shop staff. The position is also responsible for
administrative duties including parts procurement, inventory
management, asset tracking and cost control through maintenance
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in
fleet maintenance and repair.
- Handles labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Monitors work schedules including extra work days and shifts as
- Administers the proper selection, purchase, and utilization of
Company assets in support of the fleet maintenance department.
- Coordinates required processes and repairs with proper
departments as necessary.
- Ensures the proper scheduling of truck maintenance and repairs;
along with compliance of all Company programs, including
preventative maintenance and inspection of vehicles, non-scheduled
maintenance and troubleshooting, repair, rebuild and overhaul of
- Review fleet maintenance functions and various operational and
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists
with the implementation of changes within fleet maintenance.
- Conducts audit daily to ensure all required documentation is
accurately completed (including all work orders, breakdowns,
preventative maintenance logs, pre/post-trip inspections,
certifications) and that items are installed correctly with a
minimum potential for loss.
- Oversees parts inventory and issues required purchase orders
based on anticipated needs.
- Develops a fleet services budget to include a review of past
year income and expenses; adjusts and administers all fleet service
purchases including parts, tools and office supplies.
- Inspects budgets and contracts between third party vendor
services to ensure efficient operations.
- Assures proper licensing of fleet vehicles and annual
- Stays current with technical manuals, literature and technical
advancements of the trade as it pertains to company-owned
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering
questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in
training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred
work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root
causes and routine safety inspections. Makes recommendations for
disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development,
discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related
duties as needed.
- Ensures accurate and up-dated re-certifications of commercial
equipment and Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR)
(Canada) are compliant.
- Establishes compliance with all Company and safety rules,
policies and procedures.
- Guarantees compliance with local, state and federal regulatory
agencies (i.e., OSHA, DOT, and EFC).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License meeting Company
standards. Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving
- Class A CDL preferred.
- Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification
- Trailer Refer (608) Certification preferred.
- Cab Air (609) Certification preferred.
- Air Brake Certification preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word
Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures involved in
repairs and replacement.
- Understanding of vehicle operations and safety guidelines.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade, shop
equipment, and power tools including but not limited to jacks,
hydraulic lifts, air tools, and diagnostic equipment.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other
departments and shifts proactively and constructively.
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following
established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating
Companies or the Corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e.
training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Hialeah , Fleet Maintenance Manager, Executive , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!