Staff Engineer (Temporary)
Company: SESI Consulting Engineers
Posted on: August 1, 2022
SESI Consulting Engineers has been selected as one of NJBIZ's
2020 Fifty "FASTEST GROWING" Companies! SESI, is a
well-established, progressive, consulting engineering firm in Pine
Brook, N.J. We have earned an excellent reputation for providing
innovative geotechnical, site/civil, and environmental engineering
solutions for owners, developers, and the construction industry in
the NJ, NY, CT region.
Join a well-established, fast-growing company recognized for
providing solutions, excellence, service, and integrity.
We seek dynamic individuals to support organic growth. We offer a
competitive compensation and benefit package to include Medical,
Dental, Vision insurance, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Holidays, Tuition
Reimbursement, professional development assistance, bonus
potential, just to name a few.
SUMMARYA growing, dynamic engineering firm in Pine Brook, New
Jersey, is looking for a staff engineer to coordinate the planning,
organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering
projects within areas of assigned responsibility by performing the
following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
This staff position is considered a training position for those
with degrees in a related field but with limited to no field
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Travels 25% (site) to 100% (geotechnical) of the time.
- Conducts site inspections to monitor progress/conformance to
specs and procedures
- Directs drilling of exploratory borings and wells
- Oversees installation of monitoring wells
- Collects or supervises collection of soil and groundwater
- Leads concrete and rebar inspection testing
- Prepares samples of unapproved materials for laboratory
- Performs routine laboratory tests to determine various design
- Classifies soils according to standard types
- Prepares geologic reports and maps, interprets data, and
recommends further action
- Determines direction of groundwater flow
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Participates in decision making regarding research
- May be expected to design portions of a project
- May lead junior level staff and interns by providing guidance
and acting as a resource
- May direct tasks, other junior level staff and interns as
Business Development Activities
- Identifies the potential for new projects and seeks
opportunities to promote the company's services on an ongoing
- This job has some supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to review and understand plans, specs, and reports
including site, grading, utility, foundation, details, structural,
drawings, architectural, grading, federal, state and local
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering (or applicable
engineering degree) with a minimum of 0 to 3 years of site civil or
geotechnical engineering experience
- Previous Internship or construction experience preferred
- Preferable for Geotechnical/Site Civil Role: Experience with
inspection of compacted fills, footings, ground improvement, deep
foundations, retaining walls, utilities, asphalt, concrete,
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred or the ability to become
registered within six months.
- ACI/NICET/NJ DCA Special Inspector and Nuclear Densometer
certification a plus
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation to access
- Proficiency or familiarity with AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D,
NitroPro, GSLOPE, KeyWall, MS Word, Excel, Adobe.
- Position requires ability to use tools such a as a lump hammer,
shovel, hand auger, Nuclear Density Gauge, etc.
Physical DemandsWhile performing the duties of this Job, the
employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. The
employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle
or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities
required by this position include close vision, distance vision,
and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to high.
Work EnvironmentApproximately 25% to 100% of the work is conducted
outdoors. Worker must be able to walk frequently on uneven hard and
soft ground/terrain in all types of weather conditions to include
cold, hot rain, snow, ice, etc. Employees working in the field may
also be exposed to sun, wind, insects, plants, animals, etc. As a
result, appropriate clothing for outdoor work, work boots, safety
glasses, hard hat, safety vest is required while working in the
Keywords: SESI Consulting Engineers, Hialeah , Staff Engineer (Temporary), Engineering , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!