Sr. Supervisor, Audit -- Model Risk
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The primary function of the Sr. Supervisor, Audit is to oversee
and execute complex audit testing around all aspects of model
lifecycle including development, validation, implementation, and
ongoing performance monitoring. S(he) provides coaching and
assistance to audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and
activities, provided the position's solid understanding of the
business. In addition, the Sr. Supervisor executes part of the
testing that requires a deeper understanding of the area under
review. The Sr. Supervisor ensures fieldwork is performed in a
timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation
standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is
observed in all situations.
- Conducts review of development, validation, implementation, and
ongoing performance monitoring across different types of complex
models including credit, liquidity, valuation, and market risk
- Tests all the model lifecycle as per the Supervisory Guidance
on Model Risk Management and the Bank--s Model Risk Management
policies, standards, and procedures.
- Performs objective evaluations of the adequacy, sufficiency and
suitability of the Bank's quantitative models and model risk
- Uses guidance provided by industry standards (i.e., Basel,
Federal Reserve) and Bank policies and procedures to ensure
quantitative methodologies used for models both for business as
usual and stress testing purposes are consistent with best
- Assists the Audit Manager in assigning staff to complete
specific audit tests and procedures.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the
- Communicates findings to business management and assists the
Audit Manager in discussing the draft of recommendations with
- Conducts post-audit follow-up to appraise adequacy of
corrective action taken to address audit recommendations.
- Demonstrates proactivity in professional development
- Develops a solid understanding of the business.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to
relevant audit standards.
- Ensures fieldwork is completed within the budgeted
- Examines business records and collects information, exercises
independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as
well as formulates findings and presents the results to the Audit
- Executes control design and operating effectiveness testing
over areas that require a deeper understanding of the business or
function under review as part of internal audit reviews and
- Participates with the Audit Manager in the planning of audit
reviews and activities and designs test steps and audit procedures
as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Prepares a draft of the recommendations to be presented to the
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and
external stakeholders that meets the company--s standards.
- Starts participating in the drafting of sections of the audit
report/ conclusion document.
- Supervises and coaches audit staff as part of internal audit
reviews and activities. As such, oversees field work and reviews
and challenges the testing and work papers prepared by audit staff
as part of internal audit reviews and activities, including
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing
leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers.
- Bachelor's Degree Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical modeling approaches
- Experience with SAS, R, and/or Python
- Deep understanding of SR 11-7
- At least 7-9 years of relevant experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to
- Detail oriented with organizational skills
- Leadership skills, teamwork skills, solid diplomatic skills
with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple
projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Verbal and written communication skills At Santander, we value
and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the
diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Organization: Santander Bank, N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Hialeah , Sr. Supervisor, Audit -- Model Risk, Accounting, Auditing , Hialeah, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!